Thursday, October 22, 2009

Leadership Style

Participative Leadership

The Participative Leadership is a style that best describes my leadership. The definition of Participate Leadership as defined by Kurt Lewin is most effective leadership style that offers guidance to group members which make them feel more motivated and creative. Other definitions explain the style as being a mutual-benefit which allows them part of a team and the leader to make better decisions. No one has all the answers but this a way to get on the right track to a successful outcome.

While managing at Express Check Advance in Greenville, MS, I valued my employee’s opinions and suggestions to increase our client base. This motivated them to do better in the work place and expand the range of possibilities. In every job, leadership is required because each employee can’t make the best decision for the company to maintain profit. Without any leadership the company would not prosper and grow.

The following characteristics exhibit my style; emotional stability, dominance, enthusiasm, self-assurance, maturity, and consideration. I am able to tolerate stressful situations because my current employment demonstrates that daily. I work as a bad debt clerk at the Greenwood Leflore Hospital. I review affidavits and pursue legal actions daily on patient’s unpaid medical bills. Yes, emotional stability is a must. My heart goes out to the patients but ultimately I have to do my job. Maintaining enthusiasm, maturity and self assurance allow a positive environment which employees can respect and work accordingly. Never a dull moment! Finally, rewarding and recognizing a coworker shows you appreciate their dedication to getting the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment